THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS ON LIFE 97.9. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE ITS OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30-day period.
- Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow LIFE 97.9 to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to LIFE 97.9 may be recorded and may be aired on LIFE 97.9 without further approval.
- LIFE 97.9 is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system, online deliveries, or mail/shipping deliveries which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of problems like these, the decision of LIFE 97.9 will be final.
- Employees and agents of LIFE 97.9, University of Northwestern-St. Paul, and their families or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on LIFE 97.9.
- Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
- LIFE 97.9 is not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes caused by the mail system.
- Prizes are non-transferable, except for concert tickets which are placed at will-call. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
- LIFE 97.9 reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
- A W-9 Form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. You then would receive a 1099 MISC Form.
- LIFE 97.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. LIFE 97.9 will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- All Prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty days of winning. Prizes can be picked up Monday-Friday during normal business hours at the LIFE 97.9 studios at 5702 52nd Avenue South, Fargo. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within 30 days.
- In the event of a tie, two prizes will NOT be awarded. A tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by LIFE 97.9, and the results of the drawing are final.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of LIFE 97.9 will be final.
- LIFE 97.9, its agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any LIFE 97.9 contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- No financial gift or pledge is required to qualify for a drawing for premium gifts given away during fundraisers.
- All contest entries become the property of LIFE 97.9. LIFE 97.9 may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
These rules are subject to change without notice.