One year. The past 12 months have been completely unlike anything we’ve ever seen in our lifetime. It’s been unpredictable, maddening, unfair, lonely… and more. This year has left its mark on all of us, some more profoundly than others.
Fortunately, we’re now hearing good news! Infection and death rates are falling, and vaccination rates are climbing! We’re not out of the woods yet, but things are looking up at long last. I’m looking forward to seeing and hugging some of my family members who I haven’t visited in over a year!
I’ve heard how important hugs are for our emotional health, and I believe it. I also believe there are some verses in the Bible that we can think of as “God’s hugs” for us! Could I share a few with you? As you read these, imagine the arms of God enveloping you in everlasting love…
- May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles.
- Come to me, all who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
May these words from God be your hug from God today. God bless you!