September is Suicide Prevention Month and we want to help raise awareness for this heartbreaking reality.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255 and is available 24 hours, both in English and Spanish.
When you register for Shine the Light, hosted by Valley Christian Counseling Center, you’re acting as a beacon for those stuck in the darkness. Since this is a month-long event, you can commit to running, walking, biking, or just generally being active for one mile each day. $30 = 30 days = 30 miles.
* Registering for the event (Registration ends August 31 at 11:59 pm)
* Sharing the event on your social media pages
* Posting photos of yourself being active and using #shinethelightvc
* Sharing inspiration you find using #shinethelightvc
* Following this page for all the event fun, and lots of cool prizes
One mile each day for 30 days (or more if you’d like!) will help end the stigma of mental illness, and in return, shine light on the fact that there are many people who are willing to help, and allow those who need counseling for any issue to seek it out in confidence.