Become proactive. Become decisive. Become healthy! Author and speaker Pam Farrel discusses these and other skills every woman should know and apply in her life and faith.
“Success is really a journey not a destination. We just need to be better than we were yesterday and that can only come from God. As soon as we embrace [that] the happier we will become.”
1. Become more reliable. “Keep your word. If you made a promise, keep a promise.”
2. Become wiser. “When you have wise ways to hear God’s voice, you will become wiser. You’ll learn more about yourself and see the plan and path He has for you to set goals and move your life forward.”
3. Become proactive. “God will do His part but He expects us to do our part.” Pam points to Mary in the story of Jesus’ birth. God put Jesus in Mary’s womb, but Mary had to carry and give birth to the Messiah. The walls of Jericho crumbled, but first the Hebrews needed to march around the city multiple times.
4. Become relational. As we walk with Jesus we become more compassionate and caring with others.
5. Become healthy. When we take better care of ourselves, we can reach the goals we’ve set for ourselves and minister more effectively. Pam says this is not just physical health but financial, spiritual and mental health. We can surround ourselves with a “success net” of people who are experts in those different fields.
6. Become efficient.
7. Become decisive.
Pam says we can practice these things while keeping our eyes on Jesus, because He is our source for the strength to live well. “Give excellence but then rest in who Jesus is.”