7 fun, free Fargo-Moorhead events in May
1. Rourke Art Museum Spring Celebration – Saturday, May 11th. Enjoy a Spring afternoon in their sculpture courtyard with kids art activities, food, and prizes Saturday, May 11th from 1-5 pm. Plus, museum admission is free for the whole weekend. Where: The Rourke Art Museum, 521 Main Avenue, Moorhead.
2. Fargo Parks Community Block Parties – Tuesday nights, May 14th, 21st, and 28th. Meet some of your neighbors or sing karaoke while your kids jump on the inflatables, and create craft projects to take home. Plus, enjoy free food while supplies lasts. Where: Madison, Centennial, and Jefferson School Parks in Fargo.
3. Nature Adventure at Lindenwood Park – Thursday, May 16th. Make s’mores, roast hot dogs, create nature crafts, or make a birdfeeder with the Audubon Society Thursday May 16 from 6-8 pm. You can also take a bird watching tour, learn about trees and bugs, and more! Where: Lindenwood Park, 1905 Roger Maris Drive, Fargo.
4. Fargo Marathon – May 16th – 18th. Find a spot along the race course and cheer on the runners of the 10k, half or full marathon. With live bands and entertainment lining the course, you can have a blast with the thousands of other friends and neighbors out for this weekend of events. Where: Fargodome, 1800 N University Dr, Fargo.
5. Bike and Kite Day at Rendezvous Park – Sunday, May 19th. Bring your bike or a kite to fly and enjoy an afternoon of fun Sunday, May 19th at 2 pm. The West Fargo Police Department will be sponsoring a Bike Rodeo, and food / refreshments will be available. Where: Rendezvous Park, 1055 3rd Ave West, West Fargo.
6. K9 Carnival – Monday, May 20th. For dog enthusiasts, enjoy this night of pet-friendly fun Monday, May 20th from 5-7 pm. Pets can win prizes for best costume, best trick, dog/owner look alike, and more. Hot dogs and Pepsi products will be available for dog owners. Where: Yunker Farm, 1201 28th Avenue N, Fargo.
7. Swing into Summer Safety and Fun – Monday, May 20th. Visit interactive safety stations to teach your kids about safety and exercise for the summer, Monday, May 20th from 5-8 pm. Enjoy a bouncy castle, bike tune-ups, fire truck and police car tours, and more. Where: Scheel’s Arena, 5225 31st Ave South, Fargo.
(Photo by Scott Archer)